Wednesday, May 4, 2011

How to reset hibernate mode in Vista

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/re-enable-hibernate-option-in-windows-vista/

I often have to reset this hibernate option for my precious laptop as I accidentally delete everything to boost up the memory (I dislike the slow speed..., which is distrupting my work). So I have decided to copy into my blog instead, although this piece of technical knowledge has nothing to do with psychology/life.. just to make myself convenient, instead of searching google again =)

An alternative method with more steps was suggested by Shane in the comments. If the above doesn’t fix your problem, you can use these steps.

  • Go to the command prompt icon in the Start menu under Accessories and right click the icon: click “Run as administrator”.
  • Paste: “powercfg.exe /hibernate on” and hit Enter and also paste “powercfg -h on” and hit enter just to be safe.
  • Open Control Panel and type in “Hibernate” in the Search.
  • Click “Turn hibernation on or off”
  • Click “Change advance power settings”
  • Scroll to and expand the “Sleep” option.
  • Select “Off” to the “Allow hybrid sleep” option.
  • Scroll to and expand the “Power buttons and lid” option.
  • Select “Hibernate” for the “Sleep button action” option. 10. Select “Hibernate” for the “Start menu power button” option.

No comments: